Friday, January 12, 2007

Lazy Like Sunday Morning

Occassionally I get a bit jaded with how I'm earning a living. Web design has been becoming increasingly more predictable over the past few years, which whilst it has made for a steadier workflow, can be a bit unchallenging at times.

But somehow when this happens I stumble across something on the web which just lights a fire. And Eric Jordan (and his company www.2advanced.com ) is one of those people who always seem to come up with new ideas at the right time.

Of course, there are lots of very nice 'flash' websites, (like almost everything on www.fwa.com) but with their latest release they have added something new. Flash sites have been held back by 'useability' issues in the past, but it finally seems that 2Advanced have cracked it. The site is integrated with XML like no other site before. which means it is truly dynamic and best of all, search engines can read the content.

So the best of both worlds it seems.

And now I'm dusting off my XML books and beginning to get inspired again.

And as a nice by-product I read Eric Jordan's tutorials on Digital Matte imaging, which has led to me indulging in all sorts of creative moments with my desert photos from Utah and Arizona.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home